Constitution and Bylaws Proposals
TEA members can submit a written proposal to the Constitution and By Laws Committee by following these steps:
Step 1: Submit your proposal to the Constitution and Bylaws Committee including the following information:
- Author's Name, Position and Building
- Author's Home email address
- Date of submission
- Is this an amendment or new language?
- Statement of impact or purpose and its alignment with TEA's mission and vision.
- Is there a budgetary impact?
- Provide your proposal, underlining any new language and strike-throughs for removed language.
- Email completed proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 2: The Constitution and Bylaws Committee will consider your proposal at the next meeting for integration with existing language, intent, feasibility, and ask any necessary questions of the originators.
Step 3: The Executive Board will consider the amendment and recommend Pass or Do Not Pass.
Step 4: The proposal will be passed to the membership for a vote at the next AR meeting. If not approved, the Executive Board shall notify the originator with a rationale.